NEL is a leading provider of independent consultancy, on-site measurement, testing and calibration (view our Accreditations), research and development, and training services to the global oil & gas industry. As the holder of the UK’s National Standards for flow measurement, we are one of the foremost authorities on flow measurement technology in the world today.
Why choose NEL?
NEL has an impressive track record, built on three decades of service to the oil & gas industry. Our exceptional team of technology specialists understand the challenges faced by the industry and work closely with clients to increase their operational efficiency and to reduce capital expenditure by tailoring services to meet their needs.
Boasting independent world class expertise and facilities, we provide services in key areas including:
• Flow Measurement Support – meter selection, system audit, uncertainty studies, interpretation of standards
• Development and Calibration – single phase, wet gas and multiphase systems, valves and subsea equipment
• Erosion – assessment and validation
• Environmental – produced water, oil-in-water, emissions and Carbon Capture & Storage
• CFD Modelling – flow assurance, measurement and uncertainty, erosion modelling
Formerly a UK Government Laboratory, NEL has been part of the TÜV SÜD Group for some 15 years. TÜV SÜD is one of the world’s leading technical service providers of testing, product certification, auditing, systems certification, training and knowledge services. Powered by over 150 years of experience, we have grown to over 800 locations worldwide and sales revenue of 1.7 billion Euros. Our 17,200 employees act as process partners to our customers wherever their business is located.