Modelling and simulation of flow systems requires you to make use of accurate, reliable physical property data. PPDS is a software suite used in the oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical and process industries to determine the physical properties of fluids. PPDS provides you with quality-assured physical properties of fluid data on more than 1,500 chemicals.
- Quality-assured physical property data based on validated measurements
- A sophisticated thermodynamic calculation suite based on industry standards and established equations of state
- Full traceability and uncertainty values returned for all data and calculations
- The ability to add additional user databanks of pure components and binary systems
- Fully supported by a team of established technical experts and engineers.
This gives you confidence that your data is up-to-date, accurate and reliable.
The software has been accredited to BS EN ISO 9001. PPDS calculations can be applied through all stages of the process lifecycle. With PPDS you can perform:
- Physical property of fluid calculations
- Specification and sizing of equipment
- Establishment of safety critical data
- Heat transfer design and performance calculations
- Prediction of phase changes during processes
- Process control calculations
You can use specially adapted PPDS packages to:
- handle fluids such as petroleum fractions, aqueous solutions and refrigerants
- build your own databanks (Data-Expert)
- carry out thermodynamic modelling of multi-component mixtures (P-Fit)
PPDS can also be:
- linked with other software which requires physical properties of fluids such as process simulators and CFD packages
- integrated into your company’s own data control systems
- used to perform physical property calculations in spreadsheets using the PPDS MS Excel Add-in
PPDS has various license types to suit your needs. If you would like to know more about physical properties of fluids contact us.