NEL is the UK’s leading provider of independent consultancy, on-site measurement, testing and calibration, research and development and training services to the global oil & gas sector.
Innovative technology is crucial to the cost-effective development of oil and gas fields. As oil and gas production moves towards marginal fields, deeper waters and mature assets, so technology must adapt and be applied accordingly.
Why choose NEL?
NEL has an impressive track record, built on three decades of service to the oil & gas industry. Our exceptional team of technology specialists understand the challenges faced by the industry and work closely with clients to increase their operational efficiency and to reduce capital expenditure by tailoring services to meet their needs.
The work we do here at NEL has a direct impact on world wide oil & gas production estimated at US$ 10 billion a day. We provide services in key areas including:
- Flow Measurement Support – meter selection, system audit, uncertainty studies, interpretation of standards
- Development and Calibration – single phase, wet gas and multiphase systems, valves and subsea equipment
- Erosion – assessment and validation
- Environmental – produced water, oil-in-water, emissions and Carbon Capture & Storage
- CFD Modelling – flow assurance, measurement and uncertainty, erosion modelling